Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Kinsey's Arrival!!!


So here is the story of Kinsey's arrival: I started having some contractions on Wednesday Nov. 4 but didn't realize they were contractions. I was just having some back pain and decided to go to work that day. We had a doctor's appointment at 3:30 and by that time I was having back pain about every 6 minutes. I was only 1cm dilated at that time. We went home just thinking I needed to drink more water and was told to go have a nice dinner. Ryan and I got home and I finally got him to watch a movie with me to relax- however the pain was so bad by the time I got home I couldn't eat and I could only pace the living room. We figured we better call the doctor back. We made it to East Cooper at about 6pm and I was contracting regularly and had dilated to 4cm. This was it!!!! The first thing was to get my epidural- a true life saver!!! I progressed quickly to 8 cm by about 10pm and we thought she would be here before midnight--- however, she was stuck on my pelvis and did not want to come down. Luckily I had a great nurse that can make any delivering woman avoid a c-section. A little after 5 am I started pushing- Kinsey was delivered at 6:03am on Nov. 5, 2009. She weighed 6lb 14 oz. and was 19 3/4 inches long. To my suprise she had a full head of dark hair and was the most beautiful baby I had ever seen.


No comments:

Post a Comment